SimpleUnitTest - Easy iPhone and iPad Unit Test

SimpleUnit(Test) for iPhone/iPad test driven development, fast.





Notes:

- Problem, you have a relatively large codebase, that isn't unit tested and you need a really fast way to get test driven development.

- I love Python unit tests, because you drop in a folder (pkg), create a module and import yo junks. Bam, unit test heaven. I looked around on the net for something, similar (for about an hour) and found nothing.

- This was done quick and dirty, to get test driven development fast and zero fuss

- It works without any scripts, build settings changes or target touching (see example proj)

- 100% safe (with cond. compilation) and incredibly easy to institute

- Drop in the folder, add two lines of code (import and tests runner call), and start writing unit tests!

- It also allows you to have a near native/real world environment.

- I also wanted a unit test system that would let my app start to setup the database, app vars, etc.

- Keep in mind, I wanted the simplest solution. It took me less than 10 mins to make this UnitTest "framework". But it works well, I use this for production code. I waited a month to release it to the public, so I could be the QA guy.

SimpleUnitTest - Xcode Project (with examples)

SimpleUnit Test Case Xcode "New File" Template - No excuses, you can make a unit test skeleton in one second now.

Unzip the template into: /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/File Templates/MY_TEMPLATE_DIR/here

I made a few trivial changes to GTM (do a diff, if you care).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Python SUDS with Windows Authentication (SOAP)

Text Sherlock the OpenGrok alternative (Source Code Search Engine)

How to remove, update, or replace the WKWebView inputAccessoryView